Here are the award rules, copied from their blogs:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
3. Nominate four other bloggers.
4. Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
So Katie and Sarah gave me only three, while E.C. gave me the whole load of ten questions 😀 I’ll answer their questions and then give mine 🙂
( If anyone doesn’t understand the concept of this whole award thing, check out this very helpful and detailed explanation.)
I’m fairly new to blogging, but here are four of my favorites that I am nominating:
And now for the questions 😀
Katie and Sarah’s questions:
1. Who inspires you? You can name anyone – someone you know personally, a historical or literary figure, a world leader, a celebrity… absolutely anyone that pops into your head.
There’s a lot of people who do, but I’ll have to go with my mum. She’s such a strong and amazing person and I’m incredibly blessed to have her in my life.
2. What hobby would you like to try with which you have little to no previous experience?
Hmm…I’ve always thought it’d be cool to get into robotics.
3. What book do you recommend we read to discuss in a future Sister Projects blog post?
Perhaps Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland 🙂
Now for E.C.’s questions:
1. If you were stuck forever in any story, which one would you like to be stuck in the most?
LORD OF THE RINGS!!! Oh no! I have to be stuck in Middle Earth, oh my what ever shall I do? :p
2. Of all the villains and antagonists you have ever encountered in any story, which one would you least like to meet in real life?
I’d have to say Maleficent from the Kingdom Keepers series.
3. Who is your favorite animal character? (And no dragons. Only certified members of Kingdom Animalia, please. ;P)
Charlotte from Charlotte’s Web. I honestly think she’s the reason I love spiders so much!
4. If you could ask advice from any fictional character in any story ever, which character would you ask advice from?
I would have to go with my character Neptune. She’s a siren who has been around for a while and would know a lot.
5. Do you prefer plot-driven stories (where there is more focus on what is happening outside the characters) or character-driven stories (where there is more focus on what is happening inside/between the characters)? (Most books fall somewhere in between, but weigh slightly heavier on one or the other side of the scale.)
Plot-driven stories. I feel that character-driven ones can sometimes focus too much on the characters and not enough on the story and what’s going on.
6. What author’s writing style would you most like to emulate in your own writing? (Note: I don’t mean their style of story or characters. I’m talking about the way they talk, the way they bend language to their will.)
Hmm…I guess Tolkien.
7. If you could be the sidekick (best friend, assistant, annoying shadow) of any hero/heroine in any story, which hero/heroine would you choose? (It doesn’t matter if said hero/heroine already has a sidekick or not. You get to replace them. Muahaha.)
I’d love to be Artemis Fowl’s best friend. Not only would he be someone of my intellect, but I’d have a bit of fun reminding him of my fairy knowledge and of the fact that I graduated school before him. We’d probably drive each other nuts and yet keep each other sane all at the same time.
8. Characters have a tendency to make mistakes or choices that you would never make. If you could change one mistake/choice of one character from any story, what would it be?
That’s a hard one to answer because a lot of the time characters make mistakes for a reason.
Wait…I know what mistake I’d change. Susan’s mistake from the Chronicles of Narnia. You know the one I’m talking about. “I’m grown up now and I love makeup and I don’t need magic no more.” WELL GUESS WHAT SUSAN? NO NARNIA FOR YOU!
9. Which fictional piece of technology would you most like to own?
The Iron Man suit or a Lightsaber. Either would make me very happy.
10. You know that character you really want to be like? Which one quality of his/hers do you desire to emulate most?
To be honest, there’s no character I’d really want to be like. I’m very fond of who I am and I don’t see a reason to want to be someone else. But, I would pick Eowyn from Lord of the Rings. I really love her for her fearlessness. She rode into battle unafraid of pain, suffering, or death.
These questions were a lot of fun to answer, thanks guys! 😀
So here are my questions for the nominees:
1: What’s your favorite color?
2: Last book you read?
3: If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
4: Favorite thing about Autumn?
5: Do you own any pets?
6: Twas the Night Before Christmas or The Nightmare Before Christmas?
7: What’s one of your favorite song lyrics?
8: Weirdest nickname you’ve ever been given?
9: What’s something you’re really good at but don’t really talk about?
10: World peace or world domination? 😀
Hope you all enjoyed reading my answers and went and checked out all the awesome blogs mentioned above 🙂